Hello!

Welcome to our mid-life crisis! These are the chronicles of Laura and Patrick, their young son Jack, and their goofball Labrador Retriever named Evinrude (Rudy), as they travelled the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific coast of mainland Mexico in their catamaran. We went cruising in search of a change of pace, a closer knit family, and peace of mind. We found all three and more. The fun all started in October, 2008 and nearly four years later the Mexican adventure came to an end August 3rd, 2012. With our mid-life crisis cured in Mexico, we are excited to start a new adventure - life back in America.

Candeleros Chico

Candeleros Chico
Just another beautiful day at anchor on the Baja. 2010

Dolphins at play in the bow wake 2011

Dolphins at play in the bow wake  2011

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who lives in a Pineapple under the Sea?

Yesterday we all went out SCUBA diving at Bird Island. First we had to go through the surf in a small Panga. The waves were so big the Panga would stand on end and then waves would crash over the bow. Once anchored we flipped off the boat backwards and sank down to the bottom. We saw stingrays, spider crabs, puffer fish, purple sea urchins and lots of tropical fish. We even got to puff the puffer and then pet him. Next time I go snorkeling I am going to grab a puffer! They are so cute they look and feel like a pineapple balloon when they puff up. They are only poisonous if you eat them. Which I did not.
Each wave caused a large underwater surge and sometimes it would smash me into the rocks. Visibility was horrible and you could barely see your hand in front of your face. At first my ears were hurting as I tried to clear them but after a while they felt better and it was fun again.
The day before Hector (my dive master) taught me a lot as we practiced in the pool. I learned how to use the equipment, and hand signals and how to clear my mask underwater. It was a piece of cake. Hector was a great guy.

I saw Patrick, Mr. Crabs, Mrs. Puff but never did see Spongebob!

Jacques

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Sounds like lots of fun. Grab one of those puffers for us too.
    K, R, and G

    ReplyDelete