Hello!

Welcome to our mid-life crisis! These are the chronicles of Laura and Patrick, their young son Jack, and their goofball Labrador Retriever named Evinrude (Rudy), as they travelled the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific coast of mainland Mexico in their catamaran. We went cruising in search of a change of pace, a closer knit family, and peace of mind. We found all three and more. The fun all started in October, 2008 and nearly four years later the Mexican adventure came to an end August 3rd, 2012. With our mid-life crisis cured in Mexico, we are excited to start a new adventure - life back in America.

Candeleros Chico

Candeleros Chico
Just another beautiful day at anchor on the Baja. 2010

Dolphins at play in the bow wake 2011

Dolphins at play in the bow wake  2011

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Surfer Dudes

Patrick and Jack have learned a new trick - surfing. They took lessons a couple days ago and have been hitting the waves ever since. In the way of kids, Jack immediately took to it and was soon riding all the way into shore. Being an old(er) dog, Patrick was a little slower to get it all down and stay up, but he's managed a couple rides into shore.

Patrick checking out the waves
Our Base Camp was a comfortable spot up on the sea wall with a good view of the surfers.
An exultant Jack on his first ride into the shore.


Jack riding the waves.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Can't believe how big Jack is now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!! I am so happy to see them surfing but what about you Laura? You gotta try it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Carla, I can't believe how big Jack has grown, either. It is still a little shocking sometimes to look up into his eyes.

    Regarding my surfing career, I am afraid of getting hurt. I am still recovering from a bad knee-boarding accident from five years ago. So I am chicken.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, what amazing photos to see on this dreary, gray day in Montana! Thanks for brightening up my afternoon. I'll be daydreaming of turquoise waters and catching a wave now!

    Katie
    www.ControlledJibe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie!
    I am so glad you enjoyed the pictures. I checked out your blog and am suitably impressed and very happy for you. I added it to my blog roll. I wish I was starting all over in the Sea of Cortez!
    I have so many thoughts for you about your upcoming adventures. I could fill your ears with advice/suggestions, but I wouldn't want to overwhelm you. You will have a lot of fun. The most important thing I can think of is - Be sure to provision plenty of dog food for Wylie since the stuff they sell in BoLA is buggy (so is the flour). Rudy ate fish for weeks since we under-provisioned. Of course, he was thrilled about that, so it wasn't all bad. Jack was not so thrilled about pulling bugs out of his bread.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete