Hello!

Welcome to our mid-life crisis! These are the chronicles of Laura and Patrick, their young son Jack, and their goofball Labrador Retriever named Evinrude (Rudy), as they travelled the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific coast of mainland Mexico in their catamaran. We went cruising in search of a change of pace, a closer knit family, and peace of mind. We found all three and more. The fun all started in October, 2008 and nearly four years later the Mexican adventure came to an end August 3rd, 2012. With our mid-life crisis cured in Mexico, we are excited to start a new adventure - life back in America.

Candeleros Chico

Candeleros Chico
Just another beautiful day at anchor on the Baja. 2010

Dolphins at play in the bow wake 2011

Dolphins at play in the bow wake  2011

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jack's Bath

Me and my Mexican buddy named Cisto spent several hours together yesterday. First we fished for two hours. I caught one fish. Then we decided to go kayaking. We were both dancing around in our kayaks near the boat. I was standing in my kayak when it slid away from me. I grabbed Just a Minute's railing and was hanging there. My dad thought I wasn't falling. So he leisurely set down what he was holding, and was just in time to see me fall in. Rudy came over to see what had happened. We had just had our boat waxed and it was really slick. He got out on a steep part and he slipped on the wax near the back steps. He fell in order like this down the steps - my back, my butt, my head, my back, my butt, my head, my back, my butt...kaboosh!!!! He hit the water and was fine, but was a little upset when everyone started yelling at him to swim to shore. He made it just fine. I paddled over to the rock he was standing on and I petted him. Today Cisto and I will stick to fishing.



Jack

1 comment:

  1. Jack
    Sounds like even a little boating can be exciting! I hope you are having the time of your life and keep up the blog. I love reading your point of view too!!

    ReplyDelete